There are many tools out there to help you achieve your financial independence goals. But to me they either seemed to lack the flexibility I needed. Or were too simple, too complex, or they lacked transparency
Who is this course for?
- If your circumstances are not simple with a clean working/retirement transition then this is for you
- If you’ve got multiple sources of income, have a partner or spouse with different retirement plans or you have future one-off spending commitments like college costs then this is for you
- If you’re an independent thinker and like a lot of control as to how you model your finances then this is for you
What do you need to know?
- You only need some very simple spreadhseet skills. But I show you how to do it all.
- The course will walk you through creating the spreadsheet but the spreadsheet will get provided to you so the lessons will help you understand how it all fits together.
What we’re not going to cover
- Treatment of taxation. All values that we calculate will be before tax. This means that if you have a strategy that is highly dependent on Roth and non-Roth savings then you may need to adjust the output.
Will there be an advanced course?
- Oh yeah, you bet!
How is this course different?
- The key issue I found with online financial independence tools is that they are either not flexible enough, too simple or too complex, or just not transparent
- But there is a real balance between these three elements of FLEXIBLE, SOPHISTICATED and TRANSPARENT
- Usually if you want a tool to be simple and easy to use then you have to sacrifice flexibility. But everyone’s situation is different. It’s pretty rare for someone to move straight from working to retirement. Instead there is usually a gray area where you might have some income coming in.
- There is also a balance between simplicity and transparency. As tools become more sophisticated they have more and more options and user inputs. This can really hide what is going on with the tool. If you’re like me you want the sophistication but also want the transparency. That can be a hard balancing act.