Welcome – thanks for visiting the site! I’m not actually on fire but I am an actuary on FIRE.
Here you will find my most popular posts and a link to my course – Create a kickass financial independence spreadsheet
Popular posts - enjoy!
- Lump sum or dollar cost averaging [This was a Rockstar Finance featured post]
- Inflation risk for early retirees
- Valuing a pension – actuary style [This post is still relevant but really you are better off using the techniques described in my course]
- Reprise! Sequence of returns risk
- The Trinity study in another dimension [Featured on Rockstar Finance]
- You can stick your investment strategy up your Mark Cuban [This was a Rockstar Finance featured post]
To be informed of new posts sign up for email updates (no spam, I promise)
A little more about me...
I am late to the game on financial independence (FI) but have a rough five year plan. It’s rough since I’m not totally sure whether the next phase of my life will involve working full-time or not. More on that in a later post.
My current full-time work is pension and investment advisory work. I advise companies on their pension plans and investment strategies. Does that make me qualified to talk about FI? You can judge that from the content you find here.
I’m fascinated by the huge difference in philosophy and financial strategies between the FI community and the establishment of actuarial thought and institutional investing. In particular, I want to explore in this blog the intersection of these two worlds. Can one inform the other, or will they forever remain neighbors refusing to make eye contact and not sharing cups of sugar?
I also like yoga, pull-ups, cooking and hiking but not all at the same time.